|Premiére date||27 Sep. 2001|
|Produced by||Trøndelag Theatre|
|Based on||Mother Courage and Her Children by Bertolt Brecht|
|Number of events||39|
|Expressions||Passion Play, Theatre|
|Running period||27 Sep. 2001|
About Mother Courage
Mother Courage (2001) was a theatre production by Trøndelag Theatre, based on the play by Bertolt Brecht.
Tyra Tønnessen directed it and was nominated for The Hedda Award 2002 in the best direction category.
Hildegunn Eggen won The Norwegian Critics' Award (theatre) 2001/2002 for the title role of Mother Courage.Read more
- Bertolt Brecht - Author
- Tyra Tønnessen - Adapted by
- Tyra Tønnessen - Translation
- Tyra Tønnessen - Direction
- Cynthia Kai - Choreography
- Jovan Pavlovic - Composition
- Bård Lie Thorbjørnsen - Stage design
- Ane Aasheim - Costume
- Jovan Pavlovic - Musical arrangement
- Jan Magne Høynes - Sound
- Mikael Gullikstad - Sound
- Ingrid Tønder - Light
- Anders Baasmo Christiansen - Actor ("Sveitserosten", hennes yngste sønn)
- Anderz Eide - Actor (Eilif, hennes eldste sønn)( from 2 Oct. 2001)
- Espen Løvås - Actor (Eilif, hennes eldste sønn)( from 28 Sep. 2001 to 2 Oct. 2001)
- Hallbjørn Rønning - Actor (Feltpresten)
- Hildegunn Eggen - Actor (Anna Fierling, kjent som Mutter Courage)
- Ine Jansen - Actor (Yvette / En bondekvinne)
- Janne Formoe - Actor (Kattrin, hennes stumme datter )
- Jovan Pavlovic - Actor (Soldat)
- Robert Skjærstad - Actor (Protestantisk sersjant / Den enøyde / Fangevokteren / En ung bonde / Soldat)
- Trond Ove Skrødal - Actor (Kokken / En bonde)
- Trond Peter Stamsø Munch - Actor (Ververen / Feltherren / Katolsk sersjant / En skriver / Soldat / Fenriken )
- Jovan Pavlovic - Musician
- Else Lisø - Mask design
- Espen Høyem - Props
- Bjørn Olufsen - Stage manager
- Nils-Johan Aarbu - Technical director
- Ragnar Sletten - Technical director
- Erik Schøyen - Director’s assistant
- Lillian Jensen - Director’s assistant
- Sissel Høyem Aune - Director’s assistant
- Toril Skipnes - Assistant Stage Designer (Dekorasjonsmaler)
- Mette Skogheim - Prompter
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Mother Courage
Mother Courage by Trøndelag Theatre was nominated for The Hedda Award 2002 in best production category, and Bård Thorbjørnsen was nominated in the best visual design category for his stage design.
Hildegunn Eggen won The Norwegian Critics' Award (theatre) 2001/2002 for the title role of Mother Courage.
"The Norwegian Critics' Award she gets for her interpretation of the title role in Mother Courage, also a debut work for a director, Tyra Tønnessen. Colleague Andreas Wiese in Dagbladet wrote enthusiastically in his review of the play: 'She is Mother Courage! We see her mistakes, her impossible choices, her raw and brutal will to survive. At the same time we believe in her love to her children, as she loses them, one by one...'
Another critic, my modesty prohibits me from mentioning his name, wrote in VG: 'Her interpretation of the title role in Brecht's anti-war drama is another superior effort from the versatile actress. In two and a half hours she is alive onstage - as a war profiteer and a mother.'
At the end I will be so indiscreet as to reveal some of the conversation across the table, as Norwegian Critics' Association nominated and discussed this year's candidates for The Norwegian Critics' Award: We gathered around the name relatively quickly, and that was when one of the critics who hadn't seen Mother Courage who commented: 'Without having seen this performance in particular I know what she represents. I have yet to see her act a bad part, a contour-lacking character or a misunderstood interpretation.'
The Norwegian Critics' Award for theatre for 2001/2002 goes - for the first time - to Trøndelag Theatre and actress Hildegunn Eggen."
The complete speech can be read at the webpage of Norwegian Critics' Association (link in Norwegian only).
Sceneweb on The Hedda Award 2002, www.sceneweb.no, 06.11.2012, http://www.sceneweb.no/en/awarding/23900/The_Hedda_Award_2002-2002
Norwegian Critics' Association, kritikerlaget.no, 29.09.2011, http://www.kritikerlaget.no/pages/nor/22-teaterkritikerprisen_til_hildegunn_eggen